The popular dessert of the 70s, Baked Alaska is back to appeal to the people with a sweet tooth. Now the classic favorite comes various twists. This iconic dessert is a combination of delicious cake and frozen ice cream. The dish almost melts in the mouth as the ice cream layer is topped with meringue. But preparing the cake is quite tricky, so following the steps is mandatory. I can’t wait to share this pretty dessert recipe that can make your Mother’s Day celebration exciting.
Ice cream Layer
● Vanilla ice cream 1-pint
● Raspberry sorbet 2-pint
● Flour ½ cup
● Eggs 3 No.
● Vanilla extract 1 tablespoon
● Sugar 6 tablespoon
● Cinnamon powder ½ teaspoon
● Chopped walnuts ½ cup
● Powdered sugar ½ cup
● Egg whites 4 No.
● Cream of tartar ¼ tablespoon
● Vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
Steps to make baked Alaska:-
- First, prepare the cake layer by blending the egg and the powdered sugar together.
- Mix vanilla essence and blend well until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the flour, cinnamon powder, chopped walnuts. Mix all the ingredients well until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Put the cake mixture to bake for at least 30 minutes and then sit it over the wired mesh to let it cool.
- For the ice cream layer, add some cooking spray in a bowl.
- Cover the inside of the bowl with the plastic wrap.
- Then add vanilla ice cream scoops and freeze it for 30 minutes. Take out; churn to cream the ice cream.
- Repeat the step no. 7. Follow by adding a layer of raspberry. Cover the ice cream layers in plastic wrap and let it freeze.
- Prepare to make the meringue in a separate bowl. Whip the egg whites and cream of tartar in the blender. Then start adding the powdered sugar. Blend the mixture well until it forms a whipped cream-like consistency.
- Open the ice cream and flip the cake. Put the meringue over the ice cream layer.
- Now bake the cake at 200 degrees centigrade. Bake until the meringue turns golden or honeyed brown. Usually, it takes 3-4 minutes.
Try this insanely beautiful dessert at home which is, in fact, one of the perfect Mother’s Day brunch recipes. A pint of sparkling wine and chocolate-dipped strawberries will make her day extra special for her.
Besides the above raspberry baked Alaska, you can impress guests with the different variations of the classic Baked Alaska Cake. How about trying Strawberry Baked Alaska or Gingerbread Baked Alaska or mini mocha baked Alaska for the weekend party?