Come February and our heart goes gaga over heart-shaped balloons, teddy bears, and chocolates. Surely, a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates is a never-fail gift anytime but how about classic valentine truffle with your personalized touch? Isn’t this feel special to your beloved and you? These decadent chocolate truffles go beyond the standard flavors and are easy to make.
From the chocolate coated strawberries to the exotic flavors like raspberry, champagne, and cinnamon chocolate create moments magically. The addition of cream, butter, and special flavors give bite-size truffles an intimidating and silky appeal.
Red Velvet truffles
- Red Velvet Cake sponge-1
- Cream Cheese- 225 gram
- White Chocolate
- Colorful heart-shaped sprinklers
Procedure to make Red Velvet valentine truffle-
- Crumble the sponge
- Mix the softened cream cheese and white chocolate
- Roll out medium size truffles from this
- Cool it a bit
- Add a drop of pink food color or a hint of beetroot in white chocolate to get the beautiful ‘color of the season’.
- Pick the ball with a toothpick and dip them.
- Put red heart sprinkles on top to finish.
- Stand the sticks in florist sponge to cool and set the chocolate.
2. Mocha-Orange truffles
Ingredients for caffeinated treats-
- Mocha powder- 1 tbsp
- Dark chocolate- 340 gram
- Orange zest- 1 tsp
- Heavy cream- 170 gram
- White chocolate- 283 gram
- Colored sprinkles
Procedure to make Mocha-Orange valentine truffle to please your love who look out for Tiramisu in the name of dessert is divided into the following steps-
- Melt the dark chocolate over the double boiler
- Add heavy cream. Stir continuously to melt it completely.
- To the above add mocha powder and orange zest to it.
- Refrigerate the ganache for 2 hours so that it hardens a bit
- Scoop out ganache with a melon baller and roll it in a smooth ball.
- Place the truffles on a tray lined with a baking sheet and freeze it for 2 more hours.
- Melt the white chocolate using the double boiler method. Divide it into 2 portions. Add orange food color to one and keep the other white.
- Dip the half truffle into orange chocolate with the help of a skewer and dip the other half into the melted white chocolate. This must cover all over of truffle. Place each on a wire rack to drip the excess chocolate.
- Pour in some sprinkles for decoration
- Place the truffles in butter paper liners
3. Peanut Butter Lover’s truffle
- Peanut butter cookies- 450 gram
- Cream Cheese- 225 gram
- Crunchy Peanut butter- 185 gram
- White Chocolate- 450 gram
Procedure for Peanut Butter Lover’s truffle-
- Crush the peanut butter cookies in a zip-lock bag with a rolling pin or pulse them in a food processor.
- Transfer the crumbs in a large glass bowl. Add peanut butter and cream cheese. The cream cheese and peanut butter should be at room temperature. Bring all together. The dough should neither be sticky or wet.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. After that scoop out a portion and roll it in between palms to shape the perfect balls.
- Keep them in the fridge for 10 more minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate on a double boiler.
- With the help of a fork dip the truffles in the chocolate.
- Place them on a tray lined by parchment paper. Sprinkle roasted chopped peanuts on top of truffles.
- Refrigerate the truffles for 20 minutes to set the chocolate.
4. Classic Chocolate-covered strawberries
No major ingredients are required other than semi-sweet chocolate and fresh strawberries. Melt the chocolates in a double boiler. These are simply strawberries dipped in melted milk chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate and decorated with snow like sprinklers. Place the strawberries on the baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
It is not less than any valentine truffle! Now, you see how easy it is to make an edible gift at home. The homemade chocolate-covered strawberries cost much lesser than the store-bought ones.
5. Vegan truffles
- Almond butter- 2/3 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 1/3 cup
- Date (Pitted)- 1 ½ cup
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Kosher Salt- ¼ tsp
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
Here is the method to make vegan dates truffle for valentine’s day-
- Make a paste of dates in a food processor. Pulse it for seconds until smooth.
- Bring together the ground dates on the walls to the center. Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt, and water. Pulse again to combine all.
- Take a tablespoon and scoop the mixture to form a ball.
- Roll the ball into sprinklers
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour to set.
6. Honey Rum Valentine truffle
- Honey- 1/3 cup
- Dark Rum- 2 tbsp
- Milk Chocolate-1/2 cup
- Dark Chocolate- ½ cup
- Butter- 1 stick
- Powdered sugar- 2 cup
- Ground sea salt- ¾ cup
- Chocolate sprinkles- 1 cup
- Caramel flavoring
- Caramelize the honey- Heat honey in a broad pan over gas until it turns beautiful golden colored. Also, add caramel flavor to it.
- Place both the chocolates over a double boiler to melt. At the same time add butter so that it melts too.
- When the chocolate completely melts remove the bowl from heat.
- Blend in rum, caramelized honey, and powdered sugar.
- Transfer the mix in a bowl and allow cooling it down.
- Make 1-inch balls between your palms.
- Mix sea salt and sprinklers. Roll the balls in this to coat them well.
- Heavy cream- 1/2 cup
- Dark chocolate- 1 cup
- Milk (semi-sweet) chocolate- 2 lbs
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- Edible gold luster dust
- Prepare ganache to fill. For that, take chopped chocolate into a bowl.
- Pour cream in a saucepan and heat on medium. As the temperature reaches near the boiling point turn off the gas.
- Pour the hot cream on chocolate, whisk them well until the chocolate completely melts.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix in well.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film and keep aside to cool for half an hour.
- Heat some water in a pan and place a pyrex bowl over it such that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Put chocolate to melt. Fill chocolate into the heart-shaped cavities. Swirl the mold to coat each cavity with chocolate evenly.
- After 1 minute flip the mold upside down on butter paper to take out excess chocolate.
- Scrap off the excess chocolate from the mold.
- Put the mold in the fridge so that they gain strength.
- Pipe ganache in these little heart shape molds to 3/4th.
- Tap the mold to take out the air bubble, if any. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fill the melted chocolate cover ganache in each cavity. Scrap off the extra chocolate on the mold.
- Then, de-mold the chocolates and paint them golden with edible gold luster dust.
8. Champagne Truffles
- White Chocolate- 340 gram
- Heavy cream- ¼ cup
- White candy coating- 30 gram
- Butter (at room temperature)- 57 gram
- Champagne- ¼ cup
Method for Valentine’s Day 2020 truffles with champagne-
- Chop the chocolate and take it in a heat-safe bowl.
- Heat cream in a saucepan on the sim and bring it to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate. Stand it for 1 minute.
- Mix it well. Add butter, mix and now add champagne.
- Cover it with cling wrap. Allow it to rest for some time in the fridge so that it becomes firm.
- Scoop and make small balls from it.
- Melt white candy coating. Dip the truffles in smoothened candy coating. Place them on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate to set the coating.
- After drying, you can apply golden leaf or can show your art with a paintbrush and edible colors.
9. Raspberry truffles
- Dehydrated raspberry- 28 gram
- White chocolate melting wafers- 170 gram
- Dark chocolate melting wafers- 227 gram
- Heavy cream- 85 gram
- Powdered freeze-dried raspberry for garnishing
Method to prepare chocolate raspberry truffles-
- Grind raspberries in a food processor to a coarse powder. Transfer into a bowl and white chocolate melting wafers.
- Simmer cream over medium heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate and raspberry. Let it sit for 1 minute till the chocolate melts. Mix till smooth.
- Refrigerate to harden the filling, yet it should be workable. Take a scoop of the mixture on your palm and make a ball.
- Place the balls on parchment paper and freeze them.
- Soften the dark chocolate melting wafers in a double boiler. Keep it stirring till the chocolate melts completely and smoothens.
- Remove the bowl from heat. Coat the entire truffle with chocolate.
- Allow to drip off the extra chocolate before placing it on parchment paper. Sprinkle crushed dried raspberry to finish.
10. Cinnamon Valentine truffle
- Dark chocolate- 200 gram
- White chocolate- 100 gram
- Salted butter- 100 gram
- Cinnamon- ½ tsp
- Whiskey- 4 tablespoon
- Ground nuts (mixed) + cinnamon- 1 cup
Procedure to make an awesome delight that combines 3 all-time favorite flavors- chocolate, whiskey, and cinnamon–
- Chop the chocolates and melt them over a double boiler. Temper to lower down the heat to room temperature.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy; add melted chocolate and whiskey to it. Stir well to smoothen it. Keep it in for the fridge for 1 hour.
- Take one scoop of the truffle mixture between your palms to make balls.
- Take nuts and cinnamon mixture to roll your truffles. For the best fragrant truffles use Ceylon cinnamon.