Low-carb diets are a fad among weight watchers. Keto diet is one of them. There are many great recipes that will cut the flab without compromising the taste.
The low carbohydrate and high protein in Poultry make lean meat essential in keto recipes. Five ounces of bird meat contains net zero grams of carbohydrates.
The Crack Chicken is the keto-friendly easy recipe loved by foodies of all ages. Chicken when added with fat and crunchy vegetable make fantastic delectable ketogenic meals. First thing, what is Crack chicken and why this bizarre name? Crack chicken is a rich and creamy flavorful Crock-Pot meal.
The Crack chicken recipe is a beautiful medley of flavors. The ranch dressing mix is added to the shredded chicken, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Bacon is used as Crack chicken topping.
It is usually my first choice for game parties. This slow cooker Crack Chicken makes for the low carb dinner that will steal the hearts of guests.
They will never stop demanding more. So, I would suggest you prepare the variety in good quantity and freeze it in an airtight container. Whenever you need to serve, thaw it before reheating.
This Crock Pot Crack chicken is perfect on its own. It can be used as a side dish as well. We can make crack chicken casseroles, tacos, enchiladas, dips, wraps, and pasta to relish the wholesome meal. Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Sandwiches even encourage kids to dig in this healthy Bacon food.
This keto crack chicken is a highly addictive and comforting preparation. It is quick and easy to prepare in an instant crockpot under 30 minutes. The process of making this Instant Pot Crack Chicken is fairly simple. Check out the step by step procedure below
Ingredients for Crack Chicken
- Chicken Breasts* – 2 lbs
- Chicken Broth – 1/2 cup
- Garlic Powder – 1 Tsp
- Onion Powder – 1 Tsp
- Dried onion flakes – 1 tsp
- Dried Ranch Mix- 2 Packets
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Ground Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Dried Parsley – 1 tbsp
- Dried Dill – 1 tsp
- Cream Cheese – 8 ounces
- Sour Cream – 1/4 cup
- Grated Cheddar Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Crumbled Crispy Bacon – 1/2 cup
- Scallion (Chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Bacon slices- 6
Method to cook Crack chicken in a slow cooker
- Wash the chicken breasts. Pat on a kitchen towel to absorb the extra moisture.
- Add seasoning from ranch packet, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and onion to the slow cooker.
- Cover the ingredients with chicken broth. Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Cook the chicken on high setting for 4 hours and then for another 6-8 hours on low.
- Season the chicken with the cheddar cheese and herbs. Garnish the dish by crumbled bacon and scallion.
- Shred the chicken using two forks. Mix everything well in the shredded chicken so that all the flavors/ juices get mixed perfectly.
- Serve the finished crack chicken on lettuce leaves or tortilla shells or soft buns.
*Traditionally Chicken Breasts are used as the main ingredient but it is your choice that you may replace it with boneless thigh pieces.
Alternatively, you can bake your keto crack chicken. Spread the chicken on a baking tray. Put in all the ingredients. Top with the crumbled bacon. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.