With just a few ingredients, this cinnamon-flavor ginger vanilla ice cream is a decadent dessert with creamy, spicy ginger flavors. There is no doubt that even though the ingredients are short, the joy you get from it is unlimited. Each bite offers a mouthwatering blend of sweet and spicy sensations, making it a delicious treat for all tastes. Most importantly, it is easy to make in just a few simple steps. Enjoy!
The combination of cream, sugar, and ginger creates an irresistible flavor that will leave you wanting more. The sweetness of the cream is an excellent complement to the spicy kick of the ginger. It creates an unforgettable flavor that tantalizes your taste buds. The creamy texture of this dish makes it more enjoyable to eat. This recipe is so simple that it is accessible to anyone, regardless of cooking skills. It’s easy to prepare, and you can customize the ginger flavor intensity to suit your preferences.
Ingredients for ginger vanilla ice cream:
- Heavy whipping cream 2 cup
- Crystallized ginger 1 tablespoon
- Fresh ginger ½ inch
- Milk (full cream) 2 + ½ cup
- Vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
- Corn flour 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 2/3 cup
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Add the grated ginger to water in a non-reactive saucepan in a way that covers the ginger. Allow it to boil for approx. 2 minutes. This technique, called blanching, reduces ginger heat and enhances its flavor.
- Strain to separate water and ginger.
- Place this ginger in the heavy-bottomed pan. Add the milk and cream to this. Dissolve cornstarch in warm milk, then add it to the milk-cream once it has sufficiently heated up so that the cornstarch can blend into it. Stir continuously on a medium-low flame.
- Continuous stirring prevents the cream from sticking to the pan’s bottom.
- Remove the mix from the heat and leave to infuse for 1 hour.
- Remove the ginger from the mixture and strain it.
Stir the sugar into the mixture until it melts.
- Allow it to cool and refrigerate overnight, which is a crucial step for getting a luscious smooth texture of the final product.
Take out the chilled custard, and add chopped candied ginger and vanilla extract. Churn the chilled custard in an ice-cream machine until semi-frozen.
- Transfer it to a lidded container and store it in the freezer until firm.
- You can scoop ice cream into a bowl and drizzle honey over it.
- Top the scoop with chopped nuts and sprinkle cinnamon powder if you like dry fruits.
- The citrusy combination with ginger spice is divine. Lemon zest can be added as a garnish or combined with crystallized ginger before churning.
- Serve the scoop in a chocolate cup or cone, or chocolate waffle.
This ginger vanilla ice cream is unique and pairs well with beer, upside-down cake, apple pie, and a Chinese meal. Comment below and let me know what your favorite combination to serve is.