Are you a paratha lover? Then you should not miss the exotic Rangooni Paratha on Kolkata streets. Parathas are like stuffed pancakes with some filling. You can have it in a lot of flavors which is easily customizable with different ingredients as per individual preferences.
In Ramadan, the regular street food Rangooni Paratha can be one of the specialties. This Indian flatbread is loaded with spicy mutton keema and eggs. Various Indian spices and green chilies lend goodness of flavors with the exotic spices.
This traditional paratha takes only a few minutes to prepare. Keema is the minced form of the meat. This crispy paratha can be a great addition to your everyday meal too. You can use the leftover meat of last meal to make this recipe too.
● Mutton mince 150g
● Green chili
● Eggs 2
● Coriander leaves ½ cup
● Cumin powder ½ tsp
● Garlic powder ½ tablespoon
● Ginger powder ½ teaspoon
● Black pepper powder 1 tablespoon
● Ghee or clarified butter 1 tablespoon
● Oil 2 tablespoon
● Onion 1
● Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
● Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
● All purpose flour 1 cup
Follow these steps to make Rangooni paratha:
1. To prepare parantha dough add oil, 1 cup water and all-purpose flour. Add some salt according to your taste.
2. Knead the dough fine and cover it with a damp cloth. The dough should be prepared at least 30 minutes before.
3. Then, start mincing the mutton into tiny pieces.
4. In a pressure cooker, add ginger-garlic paste, salt and cook for about 30 mins. Let the water dried out completely.
5. Stir the mixture; add cumin and black pepper powder.
6. After 30 mins, make small balls out of dough. Now press the dough in the center and roll out to create a rectangular shape.
7. Add coriander paste, cumin spices, and 2 eggs to the minced meat. Blend the ingredients well.
8. Place the cooked keema filling in the center of the surface.
9. Now seal it well.
10. Again roll the paratha carefully without much pressure.
11. Now add ghee to both the sides of paratha and deep fry in oil.
12. Make sure to fry the Rangooni paratha from both sides until it turns golden brown.
Serve the Rangooni Paratha with pickle or coriander chutney. Traditionally it is served with Raita as the side dish.
Try the recipe for Ramadan 2019 and surprise your family. This should be your cheat day if you are on a diet. Try oil oozing Rangooni paratha and you won’t regret having this tasty dish.